The new Messenger Platform gives your company the ability to have conversations with people on Messenger. This will change the way you handle customer service forever.
Ensuite Media has the team to help you build and promote your bot on Messenger so you can create a custom experience for your unique audience.
What are some of the uses of a Messenger bot?
- Help in answering customer questions easier and faster
- Help in reducing customer wait times on hold
- Cut costs by reducing customer service staff
- Reaching out to a younger demographic that prefers texting over calling
- Reach out directly to customers that have agreed to be contacted by you
- Offer unique, on-demand value to differentiate you from the competition
What is a Chat bot?
Bots on Messenger will now allow businesses to deliver automated customer support, e-commerce guidance, content and interactive experiences through Facebook Messenger.
How does it work?
Bots on Messenger are built using a natural language framework. To make sure your Bot understands what people are saying to your app, you will need to define the type of conversations people will have with your company and also define intent.
An intent is something your end-user wants to perform ex:
- Ask about the weather
- Check their account balance
- Get a restaurant recommendation
- Set an alarm on their smartwatch
- Open the garage door
This will require companies to think about what kind of conversations people will have with your app, program it and teach the Bot with examples (Called Stories)
Discovering Your Bot
Creating a Bot is great, but how do people hear about it?
Using plugins, codes and links people can discover your bot and start conversations. Using Customer Matching, you can reach people on Messenger if you have their phone number and they’ve agreed to be contacted by you.
Facebook created two new plugins we can drop onto your website that work on desktop and mobile web. When people click the “Send to Messenger” plugin, you can initiate a conversation with them in Messenger. The “Message Us” plugin takes the person directly to Messenger and allows them to initiate a conversation with you. On desktop, the person will be sent to messenger.com and on mobile they’ll be sent to the Messenger native app.