Think about the amount of content shared on Facebook on a daily basis. In case you were wondering, that’s 1.3 million pieces of content PER MINUTE from Facebook’s 1.6 billion users. Yet, despite this galactic number, only a few posts have the ability to stand out among the others. Only a select few will go ‘viral,’ which many may argue is the benchmark of online success. But how can one achieve that, and how can we measure the success of the millions of other posts out there?
How to Measure the Success of a Post
The three basic ways to evaluate the success of a post are by measuring the number of likes, comments or shares it gets. With the exception of negative comments,the greater the numbers, the better. Achieving great numbers organically is the goal, but sometimes putting a bit of money behind the post will make your numbers soar. Boosting a post allows it to be seen by people other than the fans on your page, so your potential reach can be much wider.
Components of a Great Post
Now the question remains: how to create a successful post? A couple of things are key:
· Posts that include a photo are shown to receive 40x more engagement than a status alone
· Posts with shorter, concise statuses perform better than paragraph statuses
· Posts with clear call to actions (Subscribe Now!) help consumers react
· Posts that inspire or invoke positive feelings and memories perform well (think quotes)
· Have fun! Ask fans for their opinions, ask them questions… you’d be surprised how much more engagement your brand’s content could receive if you simply asked for it
Components of a Not Great Post
Here area few things to avoid if you’re trying to foster engagement on your page:
· Do not be all business. Pages that post strictly promotional content are shown to receive a large number of page unlikes
· Do not be insensitive. Avoid taking strong political or religious stances
· Avoid overly stock-style pictures
These are but a few tips for creating a great engaging post. It can seem daunting and time consuming, which it can be,but we promise, the results are well worth the effort!